- This event has passed.
Montclair Community Gardens Tour – June 26th, 2021
June 26, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Northeast Earth Coalition on Saturday June 26th from 9:30am to noon for a JUNE GARDEN TOUR! Come to learn about the importance of local food, our community work, how to grow your own food, pollinator gardens, and gardening tips. This is a free event. We welcome families with children. Please wear a mask.
Sequence of Events:
1. Meet at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church (94 Pine Street, Montclair, NJ) for a Guided Tour of the Garden;
2. Visit The Crane Park Demonstration Garden (Self Guided Tour) Corner of Greenwood Avenue and Glenridge Avenue in Montclair).
3. Visit The Sanctuary Community Garden at First Congregational Church (40 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair).
1. Pine Street Community Garden was created in April 2020. The garden has raised beds and containers to grow food. We are using the “Intensive Urban Farming Methodology.” We never stop planting and growing. The garden has a greenhouse, beehives, and a pollinator garden in containers.
2. Crane Park Demonstration Garden was created in 2017. It is a pollinator garden and has some raised bed to grow vegetables. The garden was nominated for the Land Ethic Award 2021. It is also, a certified Monarch Waystation, and Wildlife Habitat, among other certifications. Crane Park Demonstration Garden is an official environmental project of the Rutgers Environmental Stewards Program. The sign of the garden has a QR Code that you can scan to learn about the project and the history of the neighborhood.
3. The Sanctuary Community Garden was created in 2018, it is located in the front yard of First Congregational Church, is a demonstration to motivate visitors to replicate the garden at home. The garden is surrounded by native plants to attract pollinators.
Get your free tickets here: