The NEEC, a volunteer-driven nonprofit with more than 600 volunteers, has been active in charitable and environmental projects in northern New Jersey since 2016.
Today, we work in ten townships and are still growing. Ten community gardens participate in our Urban Growers Program, with fresh produce donated to local food programs, and we also have set up eight pollinator gardens. Our Community Food Network has grown to sixteen locations, distributing more than 20,000 pounds of food per month to support those facing food insecurity. Our annual conference: Acting Locally for a More Sustainable World is one of the largest gatherings of environmental and community activists in New Jersey. The NEEC received a Guidestar Silver Transparency rating for 2021, and Gold Transparency rating for 2022.
Join our team of volunteers to work at our community projects:
- Community Gardens (Five locations in Montclair, NJ and one location in Passaic, NJ)
- Organic Gardening & Composting (One location in Montclair, NJ)
- Pollinator Gardens & Butterfly Gardens (Two locations in Montclair, NJ, one location in Bloomfield, NJ and two locations in Florham Park, NJ)
- Backyard Habitats Project, Northeast Pollinator Pathways Project, and Montclair Monarch City USA Project.
- Community Events (Annual NEEC Conference, Earth Day Celebration, Eco-Fair, Monarch Butterfly Migration, among other events)
PUBLIC SPEAKING OPPORTUNITIES:
Let us know if you want to share your knowledge or expertise in any of these or other topics:
- Hydroponic and aquaponic systems
- Square Foot Gardens
- Community Gardens
- Native Plants
- Community Outreach
- Backyard Chickens
- Restoration Ecology,
- Bike Maintenance & Bike Safety
- Community Organizing
- Renewable Energy
- Home Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Communities
- Youth Mentoring
- Environmental Justice
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
Click here to join our Team
On this page, you can access your VicNet account.
- Volunteers click here to access your VicNet account
From here, you can:
- Update your personal information
- Schedule your volunteer days and times
- Log and monitor your volunteer hours
- Receive relevant communication relating to your volunteer service
For more detailed instructions on how to use VicNet, please visit our How to use VicNet guide for volunteers. If you have any other questions about your account, please contact us.