February 12, 2022
Conference Team: Will open a Zoom meeting at 9am to check that everything is ready for the official opening.
- Conference opening: Doug Ruccione, Master of Ceremonies – Welcoming people and introducing the conference program.
- Presentation: The NEEC in 2021. Estimated time: 5 minutes.
- Northeast Pollinator Pathways Project update and Q&A
- Announcements about the program and introduction of our keynote speaker, Gar Alperovitz, nationally acclaimed author, historian and political economist.
- Q&A on Gar Alperovitz presentation
- Virtual Tabling (Up to five minutes each):
- a) Group 1- 350NJ – Rockland, Ted Glick
- b) Group 2 – Pay up Climate Polluters – Lauren O’Brien
- c) City Green – Emily Evers
- d) Montclair Climate Action – David Korthage
- Announcements about the conference program and introduction of Jose Aguto, VP of Catholic Climate Covenant
- Jose Aguto’s Presentation
- Q&A Jose Aguto’s presentation
- Announcements for afternoon program; lunch recess for 30 minutes.
- Virtual Tabling from 12:16pm to 12:30pm
- a) NJ Native Plant Society – Deb Ellis
- b) Montclair Environmental Commission – Susan Aptman
Time: 12:30pm to 1:00pm Lunch Recess:
- a) Screening of video: How Teens Started the Zero Hour Movement
- b) Screening of video: North Carolinians Fight the Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- Virtual Tabling from 12:45pm to 1:05pm.
- a) Montclair Community Farm – Lana Mustafa
- b) Environmental Education Fund – Lindsey Kayman
- c) Vegan Activist Alliance – Eloisa Trinidad
- d) Purple Dragon – Janit London
- NJ Bike & Walk – Essex/Hudson Greenway Project update and Q&A – Debra Kagan, Executive Director of NJ Bike and Walk
- Conference announcements and introduction of guest speaker Melissa Miles
Time: 1:16 pm
- Melissa Miles, Presentation – NJ Environmental Justice Alliance
Time: 1:50 pm
- Q&A on Melissa Miles’ Presentation
- Virtual Tabling:
- e) Montclair Area Solidarity Network – Greg Pason
- f) Start Up Project: Plantraw – Izahar Groner
- g) Citizen’s Climate Lobby – Ellen Berkowitz
- Introduction of guest speaker Amy Tuininga, MSU PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies
- Amy Tuininga’s Presentation
- Q&A on Amy Tuininga’s Presentation
Last tabling opportunity – Conference Summary and Closing